Wednesday, February 26, 2014

When We See Jesus


Only when I see that He took my judgment upon Himself, for me, that I will be able to forget My Self and deny my Self and take up that cross by which my attitudes are brought under the mastery of Him who rescued me by breaking His own heart. 
He who, while my sins bore upon His soul, and the hammer separated his bones by sharpened iron point, cried out, “Father, forgive them, for they don’t understand what they’re doing!”  The One who longed to bring the fires of judgment and endured their terrible searing for me rather than call them down from heaven upon me. 
When we see Him, really see Him as He is, we forget ourselves, our perceived need for attention, and our clamor for significance fades to silence in the glow of His great and glorious grace until all that we see is Him and our joy is made complete, our hope made stalwart in our ever-changing reputations, and our dependence swells to the fullness of the knowledge of the Son of God by which we are transformed to truly be who we were meant to be. 
In your mercy, Lord Jesus, may it be. 

No comments: